Sunday 27 January 2008

What a mad world.

Last night was the 18th birthday of two girls at my sixth form. They had a mahusive party at the Drift Bar in southsea so we all glammed up and went out for a rave. It's strange how in circumstances such as that; a huge mixture of people, a very loud DJ and lots of drunkards, certain people suddenly show their true colours. I was actually quite shocked at the lack of morals and general self-respect people seemed to have! I also noticed that most of the people there were utterly fickle and shallow. There was one guy, about 17, who wasn't exactly ugly but let's just say he was no Romeo. He proceeded to make his way around the dance floor in a particularly slimy fashion. One of my close friends became his first victim. She thought she'd 'pulled' but we quickly realised that it wasn't the dawning of a new romance when he slapped her bum, wiped his mouth and moved on to the next available girl! I mean jeez, what is going on with the world.

The guys were acting like total primates. They saw something with a pulse, registered it as a female, and moved in for the kill. I almost wish I'd been born in the 20's. When my Nana talks about her experiences as a teenager it's all so lovely and proper. She went courting, she held hands and went for long walks in the evening. Nowadays people seem to skip the formalities and dive right in for the whole shabang. I think what this all boils down to is the fact that the world is being taken over by chavs. Every time we step outside we risk another chance of drowning in a sea of Fred Perry and Burberry. Losers.

I read an article the other day about a family in Europe, I think they were Russian, who walk on all four limbs. They had the same posture as a bear when it's running. It was so strange. The can't talk and their hands have got hard callouses like the soles of their feet. I couldn't quite believe how it's possible to grow up in a town full of normal, or should I say 'average', people and still recede to the habits of animals. This story and the gradual domination of chavs is leading me to believe that the human race may be taking a step back in terms of the evolution of intelligence. Shame.

Language is such a cool thing. I have decided that one of my favourite words is flamboyant. Isn't it awesome?! Flamboyant. Flamboyant.

No comments: