Sunday 20 January 2008

I sing the body electric...

Last night I went round to the lovely house of one of my favourite people; Miss Argent. Miss Argent, Miss Tebb and myself decided that, being the three musketeers and the drama queens, we just had to watch 'Fame'. It is one of my favourite movies and last night reminded me just how much I love it. Doris is jut the biggest and sweetest loser in the history film making and I am now determined to play that part!

The scene in the canteen is possibly the coolest five minutes of a film in the history of the universe. It leads me to wonder whether performing arts school would really be like that. Would everyone have such a huge passion? Would it all be spontaneous and just 'wow'? I don't know. I think it would definitely be very very hard graft though.

We had a lovely girly night. We painted nails, we watched movies, we sing hideously loudly to the soundtrack of wicked and, most importantly of all, we put the world to rights. We decided that we are currently drowning in people who we don't even know despite having seen them every day for the last five years. Everyone is going around with a front and a mask. It's all so false. What sillys. Hopefully once we get to uni the 'sillys' will realise that genuine is the way to be. Yep yep.

We ate brownies. And cakes. And shortbread. And more cakes. And cookie dough ice cream. And bacon hot-pot. And more ice cream. And then more cakes. The diet starts today.

OH MY GOODNESS. You would never believe what happened to me. You know that silly 'Hamlet' essay that drove me to the very brink of my sanity? I was truly teetering of the edge. Well, my teacher handed it back to me and this is how the conversation went:
Mr X: Sian, I can tell you struggled with this.
Me: Yes, yes I did
Mrs X: Hmmm. Yes. So, I've drawn you up a new plan.
Me: What? It was wrong?
Mrs X: Well, I can tell you lost all sense of direction with it. It needs redoing.
Me: ...(silence. Perhaps a hint of an evil look.)
Mrs X: Is something wrong?
Me: Well, it just caused me so much stress the first time that I feel a bit disheartened now.
Mrs X: Right.
Me: Is there nothing in it worth keeping, what about this paragraph? (points)
Mrs X: Um, well, I suppose that bit is salvageable.

So, after all that, the best I get is 'salvageable'. Great. Oh well - I plan to struggle through.

Happy vibes and smiley smiles to all.

No comments: