Monday 7 January 2008

Año Nuevo.

Happy New Year and all that. Is New Year overrated? I sort of think so a little bit. In my life I have made about ten new years resolutions and I don't remember sticking to any of them. But then I suppose it's different strokes for different folks - I spose for many peoples new year is an actual chance to turn over a new leaf and start afresh! So good luck to those people.
This year my resolutions are to go to the gym and to organise my schoolwork. And my prediction of how long this one will last is a month. But hey ho, I will surely give it my best shot!
I was getting a bit depressed about the exam and coursework pressure and stuff. All in all this coming year was not looking great. Then my lovely cowboy gave me a lovely list of all the nice things that are happening and now I'm quite excited. I'm 18 this year. Hoorah.
School is awful at the moment. I'm tempted to give up. At the moment we've been set a Hamlet essay as our AS english coursework. I chose the title 'How far is Act 5 Scene 2 a fitting conclusion to Hamlet?'. My answer is this: It's not a fitting conclusion. Of course it isn't. Everyone dies and nothing is resolved. Even if things were resolved there'd be no-one left alive to feel any kind of satisfaction, rendering the resolve useless anyway! How on earth am I meant to turn that into a 1500 word essay? Help.
Stupid Hamlet.
Anyway. That is all.
Ta and love.
x

1 comment:

Miss McFarley said...

Hamlet...This is why My College chose 12th night,
hope it goes ok though.
love
xxx